Thursday 14 October 2010

Immediate Action - Prologue

A/N - It's a short start however it will grow to become something bigger.  Also as at 3rd November 2010 I have found beta's via PTB, so am having my already posted chapters beta'd, I'm hoping they'll help me curb my enthusiastic use of commas and my occassional slippage in tense. I owe them huge thanks! So here's the edited version of the original.


Immediate Action a Twilight Fanfic by TiggyTiggyTwoShoes


Prologue.


There are few things in this life that I am sure of. The sun will rise in the morning. It will be dark at night. My dad could burn water and my mother, although flighty, was and always will be more of a friend than a parent. Right now, I am certain of one thing... I'm going to die. Even to me that sounds melodramatic. In fact, up until now I would've credited that thought with nothing but partial amusement and figured that I'd heard it on a daytime soap. That was before my life took a trip down the dark side of existence.


Before today, heck before last week, I was happy go lucky, sitting confident in my self made cocoon. I had friends, a home and a job that I simply loved, then that fateful day in June all it took was one small piece of information to land on my desk and the carefully constructed house of cards that I resided in came crashing down. And when I say crashing down, I mean literally not figuratively.
Everything that I had worked for, the past five years lead to this moment. Now here I sit, staring into the darkness, unable to move due to the ropes tied tightly around my limbs, waiting for them.


I know they're out there, I've heard them. I've heard the violent sounds of torture. I've heard the screams of the other person that they have entombed in what I can only describe as being akin to hell
. I know it's only a matter of time before they come for me there is nothing that I can do about it, except wait and pray that my inevitable end is swift.



No comments:

Post a Comment