Sunday 23 January 2011

Chapter 9 - 19th June 2010 - Port Angeles WA.

19th June 2010 - Port Angeles WA.

BPOV

"Ugh" I sighed as I tried to lift my head, my head was throbbing, my body ached and I was tired, so so tired.

I slowly opened one eye, even that hurt, my head felt like a school marching band doing formations around my brain, I blinked, trying in vain to clear the fuzzy fogginess from my eyes. How long had I been out and for that matter, where the hell am I? As I began to get more accustomed to the darkness, I managed to make out that I was on the floor, well almost, I sniffed, cringing slightly at the musty smell that engulfed my nose, 'yuk!' I do hope there's nothing nasty in this mattress. I could vaguely make out the outline of a door across from me, but of course it was closed and the only hint of light appeared to be coming from a small viewing window about three quarters of the way up. Guess I'm not getting out of here any time soon then. I tried to stretch, but found my arms were hindered by the bonds holding them behind my back. Seriously, someone has some control issues, how do they think I'm going to get out of here if they drug me, lock me in a room and tie me up and heaven forbid I should need the bathroom.

I rolled a little, grimacing as pain shot through my side, damn that big dude must've done more damage than I thought, taking deep steadying breaths I pushed against the wall and slowly brought myself up to sit, well that wasn't too hard. Now if I could get a shower and some room service this hostage stuff wouldn't be so bad. Ha!  I smirked at myself, Stockholm syndrome much? I wonder how long I've been here, hell I don't even know what day it is, not that it matters, they probably think I'm dead by now anyway.

Sorry Dad.

I'm convinced I'm going a little batty, I've been muttering to myself for ages, holding conversations with my mom and dad, telling them I'm sorry I got kidnapped, sorry for dying, I'm sure they're going to kill me, so I need to get it all out before it happens. I've been thinking a lot about Al, about meeting him at MIT, Dad was so proud when I got accepted there and when I was approached by the CIA, well I'm sure he was tempted to put on a pink Tutu and dance the nutcracker round the station in joy. I think he was more excited than I was. Poor Al, I hope he didn't suffer, he was a really nice guy, bit like an old favourite uncle, I don't want to even think that they'd send anyone to find me, I'm just an analyst, no one important. The guys on the Seal team, I hope they're ok, I only knew of the for a few hours, but I'm glad I had the chance to show them the face behind the intel, it made it real for me, those guys are the important ones, they're the ones who put it on the line, I'm pleased I've done my bit for them, well until now, I guess I'm not much use right now, won't be ever again I think.

I was startled from my internal musings by the sound of the door being unlocked, I grimaced as light flooded the room, my eyes stinging at the intensity of it, then as it slowly started to get bearable, the enormous body of the behemoth that bought me here appeared in the door, a sinister smirk across his lips, his arms crossed against his chest. I squinted at him, like hell was I going to cower from him, it wouldn't make an ounce of difference whether I showed fear or not, I choose not, 'Operation Piss off the big guy' back in action.

"Hello Princess," he grinned.

"Whatever," I ground out petulantly.

He laughed, not a chuckle but a full blown belly laugh. "Glad I amuse you asshole.”

He stalked into the room, dragging a chair that I hadn't noticed before to sit in front of me, I glanced up at him, stared him straight in the eyes, defiantly cocking an eyebrow at him, he continued to laugh, his guffaws echoing down the corridor that stretched past the open door to my cell, yeah it's a cell, it's not worthy of being called anything else.

"Tsk, princess I like your feistiness, but really you need to tone down the angry kitten, not everyone is as forgiving as me."

"Fuck you!" I spat.

He chuckled some more, shaking his head as if I'd said some of the funniest stuff he'd ever heard.

"Why am I here? It's not like I can be useful, I'm not important enough to anyone."

"tut tut princess, you're plan B." he smirked.

"I'm sorry you've wasted your time if the best you can come up with for a plan B is me!" I laughed, "You may as well just kill me now, it'll save you some time in the long run"

He rolled his eyes at me, before leaning over and flicking a stray hair from my forehead and tucking it behind my ear. I flinched back away from his reach, "Don't touch me asshole" I spat venomously.

"Oh believe me princess, I'm the better option when it comes to touching" he frowned, before standing and walking back to the door, "I'll be right back, now don't you go anywhere." and then he casually walked out, closing and locking the door behind him, plunging me back into darkness.

I slumped back against the wall, my emotions were shot, and my mind was racing, what the hell he meant about me being plan B, seriously they had some really jacked up ideas if they thought I was of any use to them. I refuse to be a pawn in any ones game.

I don't know if it was minutes or hours, but after a while I got this feeling that I was being watched, so I slowly lifted my head towards the door, I briefly caught sight of a pair of eyes glancing through the viewing window before it was abruptly closed and I heard the sound of footsteps heading away. I knew the eyes didn't belong to Gigantor, but there was definitely something familiar about them, where had I seen eyes as blue as them before, and why did they make me want to vomit in my own mouth. I shuddered at the inexplicable feeling of dread that those eyes washed through me. A little while later I heard the sound of the lock on the door opening and then light spilt into the room, 'ah there you are Gigantor, back for more witty reparte?', the big dude stalked in, followed by a slightly shorter man, his deep blue eyes, kinder than the ones I'd seen previously, but still held a tone of 'don't fuck with me' in them.

"Evening princess, how do you like your accommodations, would you like some dinner, maybe stretch your legs, powder your nose, or some shit that you chicks do?" Gigantor quipped. The other guy stood silently by the door, cocking his head, observing me from afar. 'Yea come over here asshole and I'll bite your nuts off' I grinned at the thought.

"Why don't you go fuck yourself?" I snarked.

"See what I mean brother, quite the mouth on her this one."  Gigantor spoke to Waldo in the corner.

"Indeed brother, she has spunk, it'll be fun to break her." he responded.

I huffed in contempt, "yea well good luck with that fuckwit."

Waldo snorted in response, while Gigantor openly guffawed, his booming laugh filling the small room, I rolled my eyes at him and pouted. Before they could continue, Waldo's cell rang, he raised a finger to Gigantor, before answering, a lot of head bobbing and yes's, seriously, does this guy know how to use a phone, dude they can't see you when you bob your head. He eventually hung up his cell and turned to Gigantor.

"Abbiamo ricordato a Volterra, tutti noi, anche lei." he said.

I rolled my eyes, I guess they didn't do their homework on me; I could speak Italian like it was my mother tongue.

"Gli altri due sciocchi troppo?" Gigantor responded, well I guess I could get Intel from them, and then perhaps if I can get out of here I can be of some use.

They both glanced over at me, I tried to look nonchalant and not show that I could understand what they were saying. I curled my lip over my teeth and sneered at them, they both laughed.

"Well princess it looks like we're going on vacation together." Gigantor clapped gleefully.

"Whatever asshole, I'm sure you look a right marshmallow in your bikini." I quipped.

Gigantor glared at me before standing and walking over to Waldo, 'yea that's right pretty boy, walk away before I tear you a new asshole with just my tongue!'
They stood whispering in the corner, I wish they'd speak up, anything to break the monotony of sitting in this dark room. Waldo's cell rang again, geesh the guy doesn't say one sentence to me, but his phone is like a damned appendage. More head bobbing ensued, a few yes's and a long arsed glance at Gigantor, hmmm what was that about?

"Well princess it seems your friends have taken the bait, this is a most pleasing development," Waldo smirked at me, still attached to his damn cell.

"Yea, whatever, I'm sure my 'friends' can see right through your half arsed bull crap," I responded through gritted teeth 'at least I hope they did'.

"Indeed, although not without casualties," he all out grinned.

"You're so full of shit, it's a wonder you don't squelch when you walk." I ground out. 'Well shit, I didn't expect that'.

Gigantor stifled a grin, ha even he found that funny, damn. Waldo nodded to him and they both left the cell, Gigantor looked back in, a huge ass grin on his face.

"You be a good girl and I'll send some food down."

"Don't waste your time; I don't want shit from you." I responded.

He shook his head at me and closed the door, the sound of the lock clicking echoed through the cell. I slumped back against the wall, I really hope no one had been hurt because of me, I don't think I could cope having that on my conscience. I sat and pondered for the next few hours, well I guess it was hours, who the hell knows it's not like I have a clock or a light source in here to let me know what's going on in the world. I considered everything I'd been through, the beating I'd taken already at the hands of these arseholes, I resigned myself to the fact, that I'd probably have more before this ended, before they killed me, well time to toughen up Swan, swallow some cement and get hard, that's what my dad would say. If they think they're going to get anything from me, they've got another thing coming, I'll be damned if I don't make them work for the nothing I intend to give them. I nodded to myself, a dark chuckle escaped my lips at how ridiculous I must look, maybe they'd get me a deck of cards, anything to stop me from losing the plot, hell I'm already on my way, I'm talking to myself.

The lock turning and the door opening bought me back from crazy town, I looked up to see a face I'd hoped to never see again, like I'm that lucky, the tall Red headed woman sidled into the cell, a paper grocery bag in one hand, she sneered at me as she approached.

"Come to finish off your handy work bitch?" I scowled at her, "maybe you could untie me first, even up the playing field, or are you a chicken as well as a dirty whore!"

She narrowed her eyes at me, her lip curled back over her teeth and she all but growled at me, seems I struck a nerve, hell if this would get my time in here shortened I'm all for pissing off more people. 'Come one come all, piss off the baddies offer for one day only.'

"Cat got your tongue bitch, or have you taken too many steroids and diet pills to formulate anything more than a grunt?" I smirked, cocking an eyebrow at her defiantly.

She towered over me, her body trembling with rage 'yea roid rage no doubt', the grocery bag fell to the floor, as she grabbed my hair and pulled hard. Her face a mask of pure hate, she bought her face down to mine her hot breath snaked across my cheeks.

"Just because Felix and Demetri want to keep you as a little pet, don't think you'll be safe from me, you are nothing, watch your back, you never know when I'll get the urge to...take. You. out." she screeched.

She was halted from anything more by a cough coming from the door, Gigantor was stood there with his arms crossed against his chest, an angry look on his face, these arseholes were going to give me whiplash with all this back and forth. The red headed witch stood and sauntered back over to Gigantor, her fingers flexed along the buttons of his shirt, as she rubbed herself against him as she pushed past. What a slut!

I shied away from Gigantors penetrating glare, hoping he'd get the hint and go, hopefully taking the psycho with him; I didn't want to have any further encounters with that woman, and definitely not on my own. Gigantor huffed loudly and stormed across the cell to me, his eyes blazing angrily, was he angry with me or her? Please be her. He forcefully turned me around, I heard a sharp click, then felt metal against my wrists, great, he's going to cut my wrists, oh well saves me doing it. I was pleasantly surprised when I felt my bonds being sawn and my wrists being freed, I considered turning on him, maybe hitting him forcefully and making a run for it, but he must've read my mind as he held on to my wrists tightly.

"Don't even think of it." He whispered menacingly in my ear.

"I...I...I wasn't going to do anything," I stuttered out, sighing inwardly. Damn.

"Eat..." he said passing me the paper bag that the red headed bitch had dropped beside the mattress.

"I need the bathroom," I muttered, rubbing my painful wrists.

"There's a bucket in the corner." He nodded.

I froze, gasping, "You can't be serious!"

He leered at me, a menacing smirk on his face, his eyes angry yet holding some humour at my situation. "I'm very serious Ms Swan, either piss in the bucket, or in your pants, I don't really care which. You won't however be leaving this room."

"You're, you're disgusting!" I huffed in response, blowing a strand of hair from my face indignantly.

Gigantor chuckled under his breath, stood and strolled out of the room, the door swung closed with a loud clang and the lock turned, plunging me back into darkness. I scrubbed my face in my hands, they were doing this to break me, I won't let them, if pissing in a bucket is what I have to do to survive in this hell hole, then so be it. I squinted in the darkness, the short blast of light from the corridor had knocked out my night vision, I had to fight to get it back. I felt for the opening in the paper bag, there seemed to be various food items inside, I could feel a chip packet, a bottle of something, a wrapped sandwich and a round paper cylinder, oh, toilet roll, well that was something at least. Hmmm bathroom or eat?

I stood from my position on the mattress, my legs were a little shaky from being in the same position for long periods of time, but I managed to feel my way around the room to the bucket, lovely. After my quick pit stop, I felt my way back to the mattress, ugh I felt disgusting, what I wouldn't do for a shower and a change of clothes right now. I took a seat and pushed myself back against the wall, plunging my hand into the bag I pulled out the bottle and the wrapped sandwich, wonder what they put in it. I gave it a cursory sniff, hmmm don't smell too bad, and tentatively took a bite, ham and cheese filled my mouth, well not exactly gourmet, but it'll do. I twisted the cap of the bottle and took a swig, can't really go wrong with water I guess. I finished the sandwich in quick time, I guess I must've been hungrier than I thought, my head was pounding, I wish they had left me some Tylenol in that bag, anything to get rid of the aches and pains from the beatings I'd already endured.

My stomach rolled suddenly, ugh maybe that sandwich wasn't such a good idea, I clutched myself around my waist, trying to hold or comfort the building feeling of nausea, my head was throbbing by now and my vision was blurring, dark spots intermingled with bright lights flashed across my eyes. Bastards must've drugged me again, ugh I feel terrible. I'm sure I saw the viewing window on the door open as I dropped the bottle and slumped back against the wall.

*****

Felix glanced through the small window in the door; smirking to himself he raised his cell to his ear.

"She's out for the count brother; we'll be able to move her in the next 10 minutes."

"Wonderful, have James and Victoria meet us at the airport, I don't want them coming near her." Demetri replied on the other end of the line.

"No problem brother, I'll prepare the vehicle, we should be ready to leave in 20."

"Good, leave a calling card, if we can tie them up here, we have a better chance of completing the next stage." Demetri responded.

"As you wish brother." Replied Felix, a smirk fixed plainly across his face as he flipped the cell phone shut.

Felix thumbed the syringe in his pocket, this was one of his favourite parts of the plan, the calling card as he and Demetri liked to call it. He gently unlocked the door to the room, the Swan woman was passed out on the mattress, the drug concoction had worked swiftly in incapacitating her. He would have to remember the dosage of this concoction for future usage. He stepped lightly across the room to her side, tentatively he nudged a lock of hair from her face, she didn't even flinch, she was out cold. He smiled to himself as he pushed her to sit upright, while tilting her neck to the side. Removing the syringe from his pocket he slipped the protective cap from the needle and using the light from the corridor plunged it into her carotid artery and drew a vial of blood from her. As he removed the needle from her neck he stemmed the pin prick with cotton wool and placed a small band aid over the wound.

He lifted the unconscious body of Bella over his shoulder and carried her out to the corridor, before placing her down on a chair just outside the door of the cell.

"Now you stay right here, I'll be right back," He spoke to her slumbering form.

Felix stepped back into the room, glancing around, deciding where to hit first. He pulled the small vial of blood from his pocket and strode over to the mattress, uncorking the top he flicked it, droplets of blood spattered over the mattress, the wall and on the floor, he flicked it liberally, leaving no place untouched by Bella's life blood. He stepped back to view his handy work, nodding smugly at his artwork. Yes that should do just fine.  He nodded in agreement with himself before stepping back into the corridor and lifting Bella from the chair and striding purposefully towards the warehouse and the SUV that sat idling with Demetri waiting on them to arrive.

"Everything done?" Demetri called out to Felix as he fastened the seatbelt around Bella's unconscious body.

"Everything is set Brother," Felix replied.

"Let's get out of here then, the other plane has already left, and I dislike being late."

Felix grinned as he jumped into the front passenger seat of the SUV, he was pleased to be getting out of this place, perhaps when they got to the fortress, he would be allowed the private time with the Swan woman he'd been hoping for. He'd really like to gag her permanently. They sped through the night to the William R Fairchild airport, at least this god forsaken little hole had the means for them to leave without having to drive all the way to Seattle. Demetri smiled at the security guard at the private entry, the middle aged man, just waved them on, barely looking up from his clip board to confirm the vehicle registration to the one he had on his paperwork. Demetri smirked to himself, how typical, even here the security was pitiful, despite the young woman's picture having been all over the news the past 24 hours.

They sped along the small side road to the private strip and stopped next to a small Lear jet, Demetri nodded to Felix before putting the SUV in park and jumping out and boarding the jet. Felix exited the SUV and went to the back door, unbuckling the sleeping Swan girl and carrying her bridal style after him onto the plane. He spoke quietly to the steward, who then went to the car and returned moments later with their bags while they settled in and prepared for takeoff.

A little after 9.15 pm the plane hurtled down the runway before taking to the sky, inside Demetri and Felix settled in for a quiet and relaxing flight home to Volterra Italy, while Isabella Swan remained unconscious, slumbering in relative peace, buckled into a plush leather seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment